Wednesday, July 4, 2012

{D.I.Y Headband} Lady Liberty

Since a lot of my readers are from the USA, I thought that I'd do a little tutorial that ties in pretty nicely with the festivities over the border. :)


A few years ago, I saw an accessory that I had wanted so badly that I started dreaming about it. On the Stylenanda website, I saw something called the liberty spike headband (which is still in stock), and which i thought was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Basically its what your guessing, a head band with silver spikes coming outta the top, but at about $40USD, I really wasn't up to buying just a head band and watched it from afar. 

Gist of the story is, if I wasn't gonna buy it, id have to make it, and since I finally got my hands on some spikes, I figured I'd go for it! It was super easy to do, and didn't cost me anything, but would probably not cost more then 15 bucks if you were to buy the items I used.

So lets get started!

The items you will need are:


  • A head band, preferably leather or a rougher fabric then satin or thin plastic.
  • 5-6 spikes (or more) of whatever size you wish / that will fit on the head band
  • Glue gun with glue
  • Something to help measure and plan spike placement
The first thing I did was do a mock up to see how many spikes I wanted, and the placement of them, so I used some pieces of sticky tack to place the spikes on and see how I liked it.
Once I was happy with the placement, I took the spikes off, measured for accuracy and marked the spots with the sticky tack


All that was left to do was to glue on the spikes to the head band, and Voila! Liberty Spike Headband!
Super easy right?


Now it isn't the most stable headband since its only glued, but I'm sure it'll be good enough for me, and will still be easy to reuse the items once I'm finished with this style (if ever). For more stability, you could always get the 2 piece spikes and put it through the headband by making holes and snapping or screwing them in place.

This project took me less then 15 min, and now I have a super wearable and amazing homemade headband!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

QUICK SURVAY!! Would you buy stuff if i had a Blog Sale??