Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Holika Holika on Queen St!

I have noticed in the last little while that a lot of my favourite Korean brands have not only started shipping to Canada, but are also opening shops in Canada. Not just Canada, but in the city where I live! This is definitely a rarity since its usually hard enough to order things online and have it even be able to ship to my home. 

The newest shop to open was Holika Holika, which I stumbled upon yesterday during my usual downtown Toronto ambles on my day off. As I was walking down queen street, I had to do a double take at the Holika Holika lettering across the street. Needless to say, I figured I was just having a momentary laps in sight, but low and behold, 15 min before they closed their doors on their opening day, I ran in to see what they had available.

I was so surprised I didn't even get a chance to take pictures of their beautiful products or clean clear layout, but I did pick up a berry lip tint before they announced the tills were closing.

Holika Holika Holy Berry Tint 01:








There are three shades in this collection;

01- red toned
02- pink toned
03- orange toned

I chose to purchase 01 since it gave off a more mature and flattering colour then the pink toned 02. All three looked great on and were reasonably priced at 10 dollars, but I figured I would just get one to test out before I went too crazy.

The texture at first is quite wet and sticky, but within minutes it sinks into your lips and feels like you don't have anything on. During the first application, I don't advise licking your lips because this stuff tastes terrible. It gives off a super fruity lip smacker-esque sent but the taste is quite the opposite. I was happy though that you don't taste anything when its settled into your lips.

Application:


Dabbed

Swiped

Layered


Over all I really like this product, as a lip tint and liquid blush. I recommend it to anyone who wants a natural look - over the top exaggerated colour with a matte finish. It is compact enough to through into your bag, but packs a punch that you can gage and wear all day.

I hope you enjoyed this review!
Stay tuned for another beauty review dedicated to The Face Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUICK SURVAY!! Would you buy stuff if i had a Blog Sale??