Thursday, November 8, 2012

October Favs!! -____-" super late postttt!!


These are 9 of my most used products last month! Some I will continue to use through out the next months, some are empty and need a re buy! Next month I will have a whole new batch to share my thoughts on, but for now I'll leave you with this!

Mane 'n Tail Herbal Essence line
 Ive been trying to grow my hair out since cutting it short last March, and Ive been using the Mane 'n Tail products for a while. They help to thicken my hair, and actually has helped grow my hair a bit faster over time. I noticed when i first started using the original line, my hair was getting very dry and brittle, so when they came out with their Herbal Essence, Olive Oil infused products, i jumped all over that. They currently have the shampoo, conditioner as well as a leave in conditioning and protecting spray. I love the scent of these products, and so far they really help to lock the moisture into my hair. I bought them at Walmart for a fair price, and have been using them for a few weeks now.

Dollar Store Makeup Remover
This product actually doesn't have a name...it just says Mevida, Fresh Clean Cleansing Wipes...but theses makeup remover wipes/cleansers are AMAZINGGGG!!  for 1.50 you get 25 wipes of unimaginable makeup removing ability. I will do a more in depth review of these wipes later on, but they were better then most other drugstore/ salon products. Since they double as a cleanser as well, I'm super lazy I will use 2 sheets, one to remove makeup, and one to thoroughly cleans my face. Like i said, i got them from Dollarama for only 1.50!


E.L.F Candid Coral Blush (studio line)

This is my absolute favourite blush right now. Ive been wearing it pretty much everyday. It is the perfect blend of pinky orange, with gold specks for a really light and elegant girly look. It reminds me of NARS Orgasm blush, just an extremely toned down version, although you can still see the highlights from the gold specs and the pink shades. I bought this from Target for 3 dollars. (You can also find it on the elf website.)
E.L.F Tinted Moisturiser (studio line)
Like the blush, this is a product iv been wearing nearly every day. Its a sheer to medium coverage tinted moisturiser in the colour Sand, and it fits my complexion almost too perfectly...sometimes I cant remember where i have already applied it. It keeps my face moisturised and does a good job of covering all my blemishes without making me cakey or fake looking. It also has an spf of 20, so it acts as the perfect light coverage for summer or winter. I bought this from Target as well for 3 dollars. (Also available on the elf site.)

Joe Fresh Liquid Liner
Another one of my absolute favourite items in my makeup bag. This small pen like liner makes perfect shapes, and consistent lines. The felt tip is flexible and easy on the eyelids, so it doesn't feel like its scraping your face off. The black liner is extremely deep and perfect for an edgy look. The liner stays on all day once it dries after application, and doesn't smudge or melt away. At only 6 dollars from Joe Fresh its something i couldn't pass up.

Rimmle Tri Colour Eye Shadow (621 Orion)
I never really had any neutral brown shadows until i picked up this one from Shoppers Drug Mart. Since I'm already brown, I didn't think i needed / could wear brown tones properly, but i found this wonderful shadow trio. Each colour actually shows up and contours my eyes wonderfully. The colours give off a very sophisticated and mature look, but can be mixed and changed to do anything from a super simple daytime look, to an edgy night time smokey eye. I bought this one on sale for around 4 dollars.

Diane Lai Rejuvenate Moisturiser
Since its getting cooler, my face is becoming dryer during the day, so I thought it would be a good time to get a light daytime moisturiser. I have combination skin depending on the months, so this all natural moisturiser from Diane Lai was the perfect thing.  It comes in an easy to use pump, which gives you the appropriate amount, and a very light non sticky base for you to layer makeup onto. It works wonderfully with my elf tinted moisturiser, acting almost as a primer, evening out the surface of my skin and making a great base to work from. This was actually gifted, so as of right now I'm not too sure where to get it from or the retail price.

Biotin
Along with the Mane 'n Tail products, I have been taking this vitamin supplement for long healthy hair growth.The bottle says it helps with the metabolism, but many people have been using this product specifically for healthy hair and nails, and i have jumped on the band wagon. I take one pill a day with a meal, and wait for the magic to happen. I'm not sure if it has been working much, although my hair has grown at an abnormally steady rate, although this could be due to many different factors. I bought these from Shoppers Drugmart on sale 9 dollars per 90 pills.

The Body Shop Almond Body Butter
This I can honestly say is an AMAZING product. The smell is amazing and it makes your skin so silky and smooth and just delicious. Yes...it makes your skin delicious...not edible though...shhh. At first its a little overwhelming and heavy, but i use this product on very dry areas in serious need of moisture and only at night after a shower. In the morning the area(s) are soft supple and almost moisture filled to the touch! I bought this from the Body Shop for 9 dollars.

If there are any items you readers would like thoroughly reviewed let me know and ill do my best to oblige. Stay tuned for my next post, a haul as well as my Leibster Award Questions ect. Thanks for reading!! Have a great night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUICK SURVAY!! Would you buy stuff if i had a Blog Sale??